Although ASLCS is unable to convene in person for the Fall Professional Development Seminar, there are opportunities available to meet, learn from and share ideas with your colleagues. Staff Breakout Sessions and an ASLCS Panel Discussion are planned for the week of Sept. 21. Please see the session descriptions below and register today!
ASLCS Staff Breakout Sessions
Take your networking and problem-solving to the next level! Staff breakout sessions provide a forum where attendees can discuss specific parliamentary situations and administrative challenges. Talk to experienced colleagues, obtain helpful solutions and discuss shared experiences with others from across the country.
- Principal Clerks and Secretaries. Please contact the ASLCS president to register. Session will be held Monday, Sept. 21
- Assistant/Deputy Clerks and Secretaries
- Legislative Operations: Journal Staff
- Legislative Operations: Technology Staff
- Legislative Operations: Enrolling and Engrossing Staff
- Legislative Operations: Calendar Staff, Bill Status/History and Committee Staff
- Administrative and Support Services: Administration, PR, Facilities, Safety and Security Staff
For sessions other than the principals breakout, please contact the NCSL liaison to attend. These sessions are scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 22.
ASLCS Panel Discussion | The Show Must Go On: Legislative Sessions During a Pandemic
Join your colleagues Thursday, Sept. 24, for a panel discussion of the particular challenges—including remote participation, public access, and health and safety—involved in managing a legislative session during the COVID-19 crisis. The panelists will discuss their different approaches to these issues and share lessons learned.
- John Hollman, chief clerk, Illinois House of Representatives
- Carrie Maulin, chief clerk, Idaho House of Representatives
- Sabrina N. Lewellen, deputy director and assistant secretary, Arkansas Senate
Tim Sekerak, chief clerk, Oregon House of Representatives
Please contact the NCSL liaison to attend.