Interested in Serving on the Foundation Board?
Are you interested in lending your time and talents to the Foundation's board of directors? Openings on the board occasionally occur and anyone interested in serving is encouraged to apply. Each year, a nominating committee composed of the president of NCSL, the NCSL staff chair and the president of the board of directors (or their designee) considers candidates and presents a slate of nominees to the NCSL executive committee for approval. If you are interested in serving on the board, please submit in writing why you are interested in serving, why you should be considered, and your current involvement with the Foundation and NCSL. Below is a list of criteria considered when selecting candidates for vacancies on the board:
- A current Foundation sponsor in good standing.
- Serving in a senior position with decision-making authority in your organization.
- Ability to travel to and participate in two board meetings each year.
- A willingness to dedicate time to the growth of the Foundation and Foundation programs.
- Past leadership role in other NCSL/Foundation activities.
- Bring diversity to region and/or industry.
Please email your letter of interest to Diana Noel.