The Nuclear Energy Tribal Working Group (NETWG) held its third-quarter meeting of the 2022 fiscal year at the Hyatt Regency in Green Bay, Wisc. on June 28-29, 2022. Representatives from 11 tribes attended the meeting and were joined by officials from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Nuclear Energy. DOE Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations, the National Nuclear Security Administration, Idaho National Laboratory, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Energy industry representatives from TerraPower and the Carbon Free Power Project were also in attendance.
NETWG is a chartered working group, focused on engaging tribal governments interested in the broad spectrum of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear energy activities. NCSL provides staff support to this group through a cooperative agreement with the DOE.
June 28, 2022
- NETWG Business Session
- DOE-NE Program Updates & Discussion
- NRC Updates & Discussion
- Advanced Reactor Demonstration Program Industry Project/DOE Updates & Discussion
- TerraPower- Kemmerer, Wyo.
- Carbon Free Power Project (CFPP) | Presentation
- Idaho National Laboratory (INL) Water & Power Research Overview and Discussion
- Office of Clean Energy Demonstration Overview & Discussion | Presentation
June 29, 2022