NCSL Base Camp 2020: New Learning, Networking Event for Legislators, Staff
By Gene Rose | Aug. 7, 2020 | State Legislatures Magazine
The state legislative community in September will have an extraordinary opportunity to come together to network, get the latest on COVID-related issues, hear from White House officials and receive professional development.
NCSL created NCSL Base Camp 2020 for state legislators and state legislative staff to meet online Sept. 15-17. The event is a three-day experience providing unique opportunities to engage with national thought leaders, ask burning questions and walk away with new ideas, covering every angle of state policy.
“Since the road to the Legislative Summit was closed this year, we decided to find a new way to supply the training and information legislatures need in the months ahead.” —Tim Storey, NCSL executive director
“Since the road to the Legislative Summit was closed this year, we decided to find a new way to supply the training and information legislatures need in the months ahead,” says NCSL Executive Director Tim Storey.
Several well-known experts and thought leaders already have committed to being a part of this inaugural online event. They include:
- Mark Zandi, chief economist, Moody’s Analytics
- Larry Kudlow, director, United States National Economic Council
- Amy Walter, national editor, The Cook Political Report
- Arne Duncan and Margaret Spellings, former U.S. secretaries of education
- Kristen Clarke, president and executive director, National Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Jenny Yang, senior fellow, Center on Labor, Human Services and Population, at the Urban Institute
Sessions will cover the top issues state legislatures face today: the budget, economy, transportation, energy and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, the event offers insights into the important 2020 elections, redistricting and the virtual workplace. Professional development sessions will be held on leadership, negotiation and decision-making.
And, all of this is available for a very low registration fee of $59 for legislators and legislative staff and $129 for all others. Save your spot now!
Additional NCSL Resources