There are already more than 60 speakers scheduled for the 2022 Legislative Summit, with sessions and speakers still being added to the schedule.
Early Bird Deadline Coming for Legislative Summit 2022
By Gene Rose | June 8, 2022 | State Legislatures News | Print
The deadline for deep discounts to the NCSL Legislative Summit is almost here! June 13 is the last day attendees can claim the biggest breaks for the Summit, which is being held Aug. 1-3 at the Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver. You won’t want to miss out on these cost savings:
- Legislators and legislative staff get a $100 discount for registering by the deadline.
- International guests and NCSL Foundation sponsors receive $200 off.
- Private sector attendees save $175.
- Guests over the age of 18 may attend the meeting for just $150.
The fee covers access to four general sessions, more than 75 policy, professional development and legislative institution sessions, and two networking events during the three-day meeting. In addition, there are several meetings of standing committees, professional staff associations, and pre- and post-conference special events. That’s well over 100 possible opportunities to learn, network and share experiences about state policy and institution efforts.
Sessions and speakers are still being added to the schedule. There are already more than 60 speakers scheduled, including:
- Gold medal-winning Olympic swimmer Missy Franklin.
- NASA astronaut Matthew Dominick.
- Nan Gibson, executive director for public policy and corporate responsibility, JPMorgan Chase.
- Mike Schenk, chief economist, Credit Union National Association.
- Professional storyteller Donna Washington.
- Body language expert Mark Bowden.
- U.S. Supreme Court experts Sarah Harris and Morgan L. Ratner.
- University of Colorado President Todd Saliman.
- Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, director, Institute for Policy Research at Northwestern University and professor of education and social policy.
- Chef Frank Bonanno and Jacqueline Bonanno, creative director of Bonanno Concepts.
- Kurt McDonald and Terry Rubin, co-founders of Professional Communicators.
- Sixto Cancel, founder and chief executive, Think of Us.
- “Road to Now” podcaster Benjamin Sawyer.
- Cynthia Osborne, founder and executive director, Prenatal-to-3 Policy Impact Center, Vanderbilt University.
- Eric Bailey, president, Bailey Strategic Innovation Group.
- Communications coach Rachael Bloom.
- Joe Garcia, chancellor, Colorado Community College System.
NCSL encourages attendees to register early and take advantage of the early bird rate. All hotels are within walking distance of the convention center, but rooms are going fast. Register today to make sure you have the best selection!
Gene Rose is the director of NCSL’s Communications Division.