June 4-6, 2015
Agendas and special social events are being prepared for the Spring Meeting of the NCSL Executive Committee, the Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee, and Executive Committee Task Forces.
The meeting will be held June 4-6 in Denver at the Westin Downtown Hotel. The preliminary agenda lists the Executive Committee, LSCC and task force meetings.
The International Relations Task Force and the Military and Veterans Affairs Task Force will meet in Denver. Individual task force agendas will be posted soon.
Please check back often and refer carefully to the most current agenda (see above) and following guidelines when planning your travel.
Friday, June 5: Meetings on this day are primarily for members of the following:
- Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee: If you have questions about which committees you serve on, please refer to the Committees, Subcommittees and Workgroups of the NCSL Executive Committee Web page for your assignment.
- NCSL Executive Committee Task Force on International Relations: If you are unsure if you are a member, please see the committee roster for membership details.
- NSCL Executive Committee Task Force on Military and Veterans Affairs: If you are unsure if you are a member, please see the committee roster for membership details.
- The Full Executive Committee will meet on Saturday, June 6. The Member Outreach and Communications Committee and the Budget, Finance and Rules Committee also will meet on Saturday, June 6.
- The NCSL Bylaws and Rules Subcommitteewill meet in Denver. Please see the preliminary agenda.
- There will be a casual Friday night dinner reception at the NCSL Denver office, located on the campus of former Lowry Air Force Base. Transportation will be provided. Attendees and their registered guests are invited to visit NCSL's office, to meet NCSL staff, and to explore the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum, which is adjacent to NCSL's office.
Requires a credit card for those who are required to pay a fee. Confirmations will be sent by email. Deadline to register online is Friday, May 29, 2015
- Online Registration
If you can't make the registration cut-off, onsite registration will be available.
Free for legislators, legislative staff
Free for past NCSL presidents and staff chairs
Free for NCSL Foundation for State Legislatures Platinum, Gold and Silver level sponsors
Free for first adult guest registered
$300 for all other attendees
CLICK TO REGISTER
Cancellations received in the NCSL Denver office will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee. Cancellations must be made in writing and faxed to 303-364-7800. Fees cannot be refunded for registrations cancelled after the conference begins.
A block of rooms has been reserved at:
The Westin Downtown Denver
1672 Lawrence St., Denver 80202 USA
Phone: 303-572-9100 · Hotel Reservations: 888-627-8435
The deadline to book housing is Wednesday, May 13. To ensure availability at the negotiated group rate of $189 (plus taxes/fees), please book before this date.
Each attendee is responsible for making his or her hotel and travel arrangements. The negotiated group rate is $189 (plus taxes/fees).
Hotel reservations must be cancelled 72 hours in advance to avoid penalites.
If arranging hotel accommodations by phone, please indicate that you are attending the NCSL Executive Committee meeting to receive the negotiated rate.
Book your room
Denver is served by Denver International Airport, which is located approximately 30 miles from the Westin Denver Hotel downtown. A cab ride from DIA to downtown Denver is a flate rate of $55.15 (not including tip or airport gate fees).
Taxis pick-up and drop-off from Jeppesen Terminal, Level 5, Island 1, outside Doors 507 through 511 (Terminal East) and Doors 506 through 510 (Terminal West).
If you need assistance booking air travel:
800-825-3283 (7 a.m. to 6 p.m. MDT) or 303-694-4344
Welcome to Denver, where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine for the world's most spectacular playground. A young, active city at the base of the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Denver's stunning architecture, award-winning dining and unparalleled views are all within the walking distance from the 16th Street pedestrian mall. See the VISIT DENVER site for more information.