Nebraska Mobile Home Landlord and Tenant Duties
76-1492. Landlord; duties; powers – Mobile Homes
(1) A landlord shall:
(a) Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to put and keep the mobile home park in a fit and habitable condition;
(b) Keep all common areas of the mobile home park in a clean and safe condition;
(c) Maintain in good and safe working order and condition all facilities supplied or required to be supplied by the landlord;
(d) Provide for the removal of garbage, rubbish, and other waste from the mobile home park; and
(e) Furnish outlets for provided utilities.
(2) A landlord shall not impose any condition connected with the rental or occupancy of a mobile home space which requires the tenant's exclusive use of a seller of fuel, furnishings, goods, services, or mobile homes unless such condition is necessary to protect the health, safety, aesthetic value, or welfare of mobile home tenants in the park. A landlord may impose reasonable requirements designed to standardize methods of utility connection and hookup. If any such conditions are imposed which result in charges for the goods or services, the charges shall not exceed the actual cost incurred in providing the tenant with the goods or services.
76-1493. Tenant; duties – Mobile Homes
A tenant shall maintain his or her mobile home space in as good a condition as when the tenant took possession and shall:
(1) Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of city, county, and state housing codes materially affecting health and safety;
(2) Keep the mobile home space that the tenant occupies and uses reasonably clean and safe;
(3) Dispose from the tenant's mobile home space all rubbish, garbage, and other waste in a clean and safe manner;
(4) Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair, or remove any part of the mobile home park or knowingly permit any guest or invitee to do so; and
(5) Conduct himself or herself and require any guests or invitees to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb the tenant's neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the mobile home park.
Return to Healthy Homes