Iowa Mobile Home Landlord and Tenant Duties
Manufactured Home Communities or Mobile Home Parks Residential Landlord and Tenant Law
562B.16. Landlord to maintain fit premises
1. The landlord shall:
a. Comply with the requirements of all applicable city, county and state codes materially affecting health and safety which are primarily imposed upon the landlord.
b. Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to put and keep the mobile home space in a fit and habitable condition.
c. Keep all common areas of the manufactured home community or mobile home park in a clean and safe condition.
d. Maintain in good and safe working order and condition all facilities supplied or required to be supplied by the landlord.
e. Provide for removal of garbage, rubbish, and other waste from the manufactured home community or mobile home park.
f. Furnish outlets for electric, water and sewer services.
2. A landlord shall not impose any conditions of rental or occupancy which restrict the tenant in the choice of a seller of fuel, furnishings, goods, services or mobile homes connected with the rental or occupancy of a mobile home space unless such condition is necessary to protect the health, safety, aesthetic value or welfare of mobile home tenants in the manufactured home community or park. The landlord may impose reasonable requirements designed to standardize methods of utility connection and hookup. If any such conditions are imposed which result in charges for such goods or services, the charges shall not exceed the actual cost incurred in providing the tenant with such goods or services.
562B.18. Tenant to maintain mobile home space--notice of vacating
A tenant shall maintain the mobile home space in as good a condition as when the tenant took possession and shall:
1. Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of city, county and state codes materially affecting health and safety.
2. Keep that part of the manufactured home community or mobile home park that the tenant occupies and uses reasonably clean and safe.
3. Dispose from the tenant's mobile home space all rubbish, garbage and other waste in a clean and safe manner.
4. Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of the manufactured home community or mobile home park or knowingly permit any person to do so.
5. Act and require other persons in the manufactured home community or mobile home park with the tenant's consent to act in a manner that will not disturb the tenant's neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the manufactured home community or mobile home park.
6. Maintain in good and safe working order all utility lines, pipes, and cables extending from the mobile home to outlets provided by the landlord for electric, water, sewer, and other services. This subsection shall not apply to a tenant who does not own the mobile home.
Return to Healthy Homes