- When and where is the meeting?
- August 8-11, 2011, in San Antonio, Texas. Sessions will take place at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Specific information about where sessions will meet will coming in the online agenda.
- When should I arrive in San Antonio?
- Arrive on Sunday, August 7. Check our at-a-glance schedule to determine if you need to arrive earlier for committee, task force, or NCSL governance meetings. Our opening general session will be Tuesday at the Convention Center.
- How long should I stay?
- Stay through Thursday night, August 11. You won't want to miss the closing event!
- How many sessions will there be?
- You can choose from some 150 sessions on topics that you, your legislature and the citizens of your state care about most. The online agenda is coming soon.
- What topics will you cover?
- We'll hold sessions on state budgets - the economy - transportation - education - health care - human services - energy - elections - redistricting - professional development for legislators and staff, and more.
- This is my first Legislative Summit, what should I expect?
- Never has it been more important to attend NCSL's Legislative Summit. The meeting will give you cost-saving ideas from other states and professional development opportunities you can't get anywhere else. Each day, the conference features new material, new subjects and the nation's best public policy experts.
- What is the dress code?
- Business casual is the norm for the Legislative Summit.
- I'm interested in exhibiting, whom should I contact?
- We offer outstanding opportunities for exhibitors. To learn more about our audience, the benefits of exhibiting at the Legislative Summit and the costs, visit our Exhibitor page or contact LeAnn Hoff.
- When do the Executive Committee and Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee meet?
- They will meet starting Monday, August 8.
- How do I register?
- Online is the easiest way to register. For complete information on registration dates and rates, or to download a paper form, please visit our attendee registration page. Members of the media and exhibitors, please link to your respective webpages for registration information.
- When will I receive my registration materials?
- Materials will not be mailed in advance. You can pick up your badge, registration materials and program onsite beginning Monday, August 8, at 8 am in the registration area of the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Please see our program at-a-glance for registration hours. A photo ID will be required to pick up registration materials. Badges will be required for session attendance, and to board all shuttle buses and attend off-site events.
- How do I make my hotel reservation?
- Hotel reservations are linked to your conference registration. Up until May 27 you cannot make a hotel reservation unless you register for the conference. After you register, please visit the Housing page for instructions on how to make a hotel reservation.
- Whom should I contact about hosting an event in conjunction with the NCSL Legislative Summit?
- Any meetings held during the hours of the Summit must be approved by NCSL in advance. Events held after normal event hours do not require permission, but NCSL asks to be informed so we can help delegates who may be looking for your meeting or event. Contact us for more information, or view the program-at-a-glance to view ancillary time slots.
- Whom should I contact about an idea for a session?
- Call the NCSL staffer who researches your topic. That person may be able to incorporate your suggestion or speaker into a committee session or issue forum. To find out whom to contact, call us at 303-364-7700 or send us an email.
- When is the Business Meeting?
- This important meeting, where delegates direct NCSL's advocacy efforts in Washington, D.C., will be held right after the general session on Thursday, August 11, from 11 am until 12:30 pm
- What is States' Night?
- It's an opportunity for delegates from each state to get together to compare notes, catch up on the week's activities and explore San Antonio. States' Night this year is Wednesday, August 10. This evening is coordinated by individual state delegations, not by NCSL.
- Is transportation provided from the airport to the hotels?
- No, but we do provide shuttle service for registered attendees to and from the convention center to most conference hotels throughout the conference. Shuttle schedule and routes are subject to change. Visit the travel page for more information about getting around in San Antonio.
- Is there accessibility for people with disabilities?
- Buses will be available with advanced scheduling for anyone requiring modified access vehicles. If you have any requests for special accommodations to ensure your full and complete participation, please let us know! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. and we'll direct your inquiry to the appropriate staff member.