Heart Disease and Stroke: Profile and Policy Reports
Updated December 2011
The National Conference of State Legislatures works in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention to provide up-to-date information on heart disease and stroke statistics, treatment costs and state initiatives. By clicking on the state or state name on the interactive map below, you can view individual profile and policy reports, with state-specific heart disease and stroke data and legislative policy options for heart disease and stroke prevention efforts.
Policy topics include:
- Public Awareness of Heart Disease and Stroke
- Prevention of Risk Factors (Nutrition, Physical Activity and Tobacco)
- Increase Early Detection and Treatment of Risk Factors
- State Employee Health and Wellness
- Improve Quality of Care and Access to Care
- Address and Eliminate Disparities
- Emergency Medical System (EMS) and Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- Stroke Systems of Care
- Congenital Heart Disease
Recent heart disease and stroke data have been compiled in a profile and policy report series. To view individual reports, click on the states or state name.
For questions or information please contact the Health Program.